Sunday, December 12, 2010

Missionary Opportunity

Day before yesterday (12/10/10) one of my regulars at Starbucks was asking questions about the Mormon church and how we differ from other religions. I started talking about the Plan of Salvation. I explained it as best as I could but I tend to over-explain things. So I asked him (John) if I could bring him an article to read about it. He accepted and was anxious to learn more.

(12/11/10) I had plans to bike to work b/c I had not asked anyone in advance for a ride. Melissa was gone to school. A couple hours later, she came home because she forgot something and asked me if I wanted a ride to work even though I'd be an hour early. I was totally up for that.
Melissa dropped me off and about 20 minutes later, I run into John. I asked him if he wanted a look at the article I had for him, once again he accepted. We sat down as we looked over the article (it got it off of a BYU site). He had so many questions. I asked him if he'd like a Book of Mormon to perhaps answer some questions I might not be able to. He accepted :)

I have not seen him since that day but I know I'll see him soon. I did tell him that my favorite part about being a Latter-Day Saint was the knowledge I have of the Atonement. He also loved the part about the three kingdoms of glory. Hopefully, he will have more questions for me on our next encounter. I am excited to share the gospel with him. If Melissa had not come at the time she did and taken me to work, I know I would have missed him. I know that I could have met up with him another time but maybe this was the best time to see him. I know that the Lord was/is guiding me to this person. We'll see how nest time goes.



No comments: