Monday, November 15, 2010

It's All in the Attitude

Today was a tough one. Though, I do have a lot to appreciate like: it is my friend's birthday today, I got a ride to work and back, got to talk to mom, was very productive on my argument paper, crystal dropped off her beautiful bike for me to use until I get my own bike, and I found out that I have the sunday after next off, and had some delicious chinese food from Peony's. Yay for blessings!!

I say it was only tough because I guess my attitude was out of wack today. (Happens every month... Why oh Why??) But I kept my cool and tried my best from snapping at certain people who got on my nerves. Amazingly, it wasn't the customers. And pulled it off with a fake good attitude... which worked in the end. (Faking it till you make it is worth all the self-control in the end).

I also got to see some sister missionaries!! I swear, I about teared up when I saw them. I'm not kidding. I saw myself instantly in their place when I first glaced at them. I think I scared them though when I came bouncing up exasperating my "HHHHHHHellooooooo Sisters!!!!" They either thought I was a wierd stalker, wierd employee, or must be a weirdo member. It wasn't until I finally said, "Oh ya, I'm a member" when they looked at eachother before letting out a nervous laugh. But I swear, I just wanted to talk to them. I just felt SO much better when I saw them that I almost let it all out. LOL. Yyyyya, aaaanyway, it made my day. I'm glad I got to see them it makes me want to go on a mission even more.

Crystal came to drop off her cute, pink, beach cruiser for me to use until I get a bike of my own. I'm actually super excited for this! This must be a good thing because I was so nervous about it before. Now, I feel like I'm going to be totally fine and I haven't even ridden to work yet! But we'll see how I like it in a few weeks when I have to do it everyday....four miles a day. Let's see if my attitude remains upbeat then.

Reading the scriptures is blessing my life the more I read it. I do have a testimony of the scriptures. I love them. And I'm so grateful that Mom tried her best to help me appreciate them more. I didn't get it until a few years later but, her efforts were well worth it because she is such an influence to me. Love you mom!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BETH!

No comments: