Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No Mission Papers Yet

My mission papers are still a no-show. Many of my siblings were expecting it to come today at the latest. But alas, no large white envelope. So, concerned, I called my branch president (who happens to be in Hawaii... Oops!) and asked him if he knew the progress of my paper work. He told me he checked about two days ago and they were still being processed. He was a little disappointed at the delay as well. He also said that I can expect my papers next Thursday. These last two weeks were long and grueling; I guess I can stick it out for another week. This is definitely a test of my patience, which I need. I've been so impatient with the whole process.

Still need to write my argument paper on genealogy. Haven't started it yet.... Sorry Becca.

I went to the temple today with Steven and our friend Vanessa to do baptisms for the dead. Vanessa is a temple worker on Saturdays and was a great help and was so fun to be around. While I was in there, I wasn't conflicted with all my worldly troubles. I was calm. I have been waiting to go to the temple for soooo long. I was so grateful to go with such great people.

Work is work. I'm having to work more sundays through church. But I guess I'm going to have to stick that one out too. I know this is a test for 1. my patience 2. my faith and 3. my anxiety. Not that i have any major anxiety. I just get really upset and anxious when I see my schedule with my sunday full. It is definitely something I need to work on b/c when I get upset like that, my thinking gets exaggerated and blown out of proportion. Not good for a mission. I want to be a good mission companion. I want to be a good worker too. I'm working on it.

Anyways, I'm so grateful for the gospel. These past three weeks have definitely been a test of my faith. I am reading my scriptures everyday and trying to build my testiomony more. I love the scriptures. I love the book of Matthew in the Bible. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice.

No comments: